Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Great Is Our God


I am glad we have many words to help us understand God and to see Him as great, even awesome. When He created man and put us on the earth, He wanted to have relationships with us. He gave us free will to make this truly possible. However, He also expected to see misguidance, wrong choices and rebellion sever the relationships.

It took me a long time to figure out God primarily due to the people professing Him not showing Him properly to me. God wanted me and a relationship with me more than I wanted Him. He led me to people who did know and relate to Him properly. They would talk to me about God and what knowing Him meant to them. Eventually I realized I needed Jesus and relationships with these kinds of people. This knowledge kept me in church and gave me opportunities to learn more. The best part was the sense of true worship of Him every Sunday and a close daily relationship with Him. I can relate to Him and believe in the following verses.

Psalm 48:1 NLT
How great is the LORD, and how much we should praise him in the city of our God, which is on his holy mountain!

1 Chronicles 16:25-27 NKJV
For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods.
26 For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.
27 Honor and majesty are before Him; Strength and gladness are in His place.

Nothing else can help you overcome and I’ve tried a lot of things. It’s our great and mighty Creator that can help us. He made everything and made sure we could have the power to enjoy it all if we stayed in a relationship with Him. He also gave us the Law to help us understand how we can stay on the right path.

Hosea 8:12 NKJV
I have written for him the great things of My law, but they were considered a strange thing.

However, our world is shunning His Law. The culture does not want to see God as the ultimate being above all. Everyone wants to do things their own way. How many times did the Israelites have issues for doing things their way instead of Gods way? Every time they turned from God bad things happened. History should be teaching us something here. All the nations that ruled by might only lasted as long as they had human force enough to keep it going. The Israelites had a God to show that might when they chose to let Him be their King of Kings.

Lamentations 3:23-24 NLT
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day.

God is never going to let you down. I know when it feels like He has; it is my own selfish feelings or incorrect decision that got me to that feeling. I may have a lot of trials and tribulations in this life that seem never ending, but I won’t stop looking for His new mercies every morning I wake up.

Titus 2:12-13 NLT
We should live in this evil world with self-control, right conduct, and devotion to God, 13 while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

I am still working to live like Paul told Titus to do and I hope you endeavor to do the same. Why? Because God is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment