Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Honorable


Isa 42:21 NKJV
The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; He will exalt the law and make it honorable.

Jesus uses the Law in His sermon on the mount to get people to understand that they are sinners. Thanks to John the Baptist going before Him preaching of repentance, the Jews knew such a thing was needed. Many of them did repent and John baptized them. Let’s look at some of the first verses from the Sermon on the Mount.

Matt 5:3-10 NJKV
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 
5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. 
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. 
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. 
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. 
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, or they shall be called sons of God. 
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

He is describing a repentant heart which would be needed to understand the rest of His sermon of what God would do for them.

A proud heart is not going to claim it is poor. It will not mourn over sin. It is not meek or lowly. It does not thirst for righteousness. It can only show mercy at the shallow level the world can. It is not a pure heart. The proud heart is looking out for itself first and we are supposed to be putting God and then all our neighbors next in what we love. We are to love our enemies.

I still find I need to repent because my heart still needs work to fit into these blessings. Thankfully I know when I mess up and I know foremost I must repent to God. Once I am repentant, I can honestly show love to the person with how I have to apologize or whatever else I must do to correct the wrong I may have done.

We must do the same as Jesus did in His sermon. We cannot convince the world it needs Jesus if it does not realize it is broken. God’s Law is the moral standard of where our standing is with God. We must be living like we truly believe this and showing how to repent when we know we have broken the Law. A true believer would do the following with joy and be blessed as God’s child.

Isa 58:13-14 NLT
"Keep the Sabbath day holy. Don't pursue your own interests on that day, but enjoy the Sabbath and speak of it with delight as the LORD's holy day. Honor the LORD in everything you do, and don't follow your own desires or talk idly. If you do this, 14 the LORD will be your delight. I will give you great honor and give you your full share of the inheritance I promised to Jacob, your ancestor. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

Don’t be scared if you have broken the Law. Take this moment to repent and get right with God through Jesus Christ. If you do, you will be accepted by God.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Altea. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and your interest in the Word of God. I am blessed to go through your blog post Honorable. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018.

    ReplyDelete