Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I Know God is True

John 3:33 NLT:  Those who believe him discover that God is true.

I have followed Christ for the last sixteen years of my life. I still have plenty to learn, but the more I study the Word and study how our world works, I know for sure that God is real and is telling us the truth.

For one, the world was created with a very fine tuned intricacy that could not be a random accident. It would have to be millions of random accidents that coincided. I think I would have better chances winning a jackpot with a Power Ball ticket than the world forming as is out of random nothingness. So when I read Genesis chapter one, it makes more sense because there is a cause for the universe. Maybe the Big Bang was God’s voice in the void. At least, there is a plausible cause with this theory unlike the Big Bang that assumes something could come out of nothing without giving us a cause.

I'd rather get some wisdom from Him rather than the world. The world only knows the face I put on for them. God knew me before he knit me in my mother’s womb. I can believe this far better than being a random hiccup in the great universe that will someday die into nothingness again. That sounds rather bleak and hopeless. It definitely has no love in it or any need for a moral code, but the world is always looking for both despite denying God.

The following verses show further how God and His Law are true. After all, it is His commandments that contain our moral code. We try to say we can do three through ten on our own, but we really can’t because we need the first two for knowing and understanding how love works. Then the rest can be handled properly.

1 John 5:20 NLT
And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

Nehemiah 9:13 NLT
You came down on Mount Sinai and spoke to them from heaven. You gave them regulations and instructions that were just, and laws and commands that were true.

I’ve gone from believing what I was fed in school about evolution and such, to knowing God created it all. I’ll take Jesus at His word about claiming to be God when He was on the earth. To say He came only as a great teacher would put all His teaching at fault because He claimed to be God to the Jews.


What facts are your beliefs based on? Do they give a plausible cause to things we can’t explain nor test scientifically? Do they give any guidance to using the moral code we all have implanted on our hearts?

To compare this to our study on Truth posted on January 8th, 2018 follow this link: http://lifebythebible.blogspot.com/2018/01/truth.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment