Wednesday, October 10, 2018

God’s Word is Our Sword


Last week I talked about the Armor of God and the only weapon is the Sword of the Spirit, which is God’s Word. God tells us to meditate on this.

Joshua 1:8 NLT
Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed.

God promises success with Him if we follow the laws and rules He has made. We can defeat the enemy who knows the Word if we also know it well. Jesus did this three times when tempted by Satan. He showed us the way to use it.

Our success will not always mean we get better physical things in this world. Our success is tied to following Jesus no matter how we feel or what life is throwing at us. You might not see results, but how you handle any situation will be noticed by others. Either they will see God or see your selfish side. Don’t expect this to be easy. I fall on my face a lot due to my flesh not agreeing with the Spirit and taking the lead. Thankfully, we just need to step back and use God’s power to overcome, not our own. The Word is His and He will guide us on how to use it.

We should know and act on the Word like the following psalms. They did so even when the trials of life made them cry out for restoration of their lives.

Psalm 119:15-16 NLT
I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways.
16 I will delight in your principles and not forget your word.

Ps 119:105-112
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.
106 I've promised it once, and I'll promise again: I will obey your wonderful laws.
107 I have suffered much, O LORD; restore my life again, just as you promised.
108 LORD, accept my grateful thanks and teach me your laws.
109 My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your law.
110 The wicked have set their traps for me along your path, but I will not turn from your commandments.
111 Your decrees are my treasure; they are truly my heart's delight.
112 I am determined to keep your principles, even forever, to the very end.

Do not expect to know it all at once. Peel it layer by layer so you can learn each part with the Spirit’s guidance. He will lead you to the truth if He knows you truly want to follow Him.

The Word of God is our weapon against the enemy. When God allowed Satan to knock the wind out of Job to test his faith, Job stood on the Word and Spirit of God.

Job 33:4 NLT
For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Stand firm with God’s Word at the ready in your heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment