Wednesday, July 25, 2018

God's Grace is Sufficient


Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Grace is not something we can earn from God. It is a free gift we must be willing to accept in faith.

Eph 1:7-10 NLT
He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. 8 He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. 9 God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure. 10 And this is his plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ — everything in heaven and on earth.

Through His grace we can acquire everything we need to live life according to His plan. He will not force us into His plan, but living by it will change your life greatly for the better. I have found I can deal with far greater trials in my life than I ever had thanks to accepting Christ into my life. His wisdom and understanding surpasses anything this world can offer, and I’ve only managed to understand a little as I work on my relationship with Christ. That relationship is what our work is to be, not proving ourselves.

Gal 5:4 NLT
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.

We are not to do it ourselves. The power to do what God wills for our lives comes from His grace. You must put down your efforts and take the gift of grace. His grace is where the power comes from to endure anything for Him.

2 Cor 12:8-10 NLT
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in any weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul had a “thorn in the side” that he asked to be removed. In the end God let him know that His grace was sufficient. Through our weaknesses we can find strength in God. He can work through our weaknesses to show the world who He is.

I understand this feeling of Paul’s because I have multiple sclerosis and know how pain can stop you in your tracks. Despite feeling worse, I know it is in God’s hands and I keep on writing as best I can so you all can learn who God is. It is even helping me deepen my own understanding so I stick to God through everything.

Eph 6:24 NLT
May God's grace be eternally upon all who love our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you love Jesus, you can have God’s grace on you eternally. Do you love Jesus? Then follow His will for your life and keep working on your relationship with Him. His grace will empower you to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Hello sister Althea. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile n the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the Word of God. I am blessed and encouraged by your blog post. Very good post on God's grace. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grown up children who are in their late teens and above to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018 My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I have sent you an email as well.

    ReplyDelete