Friday, December 15, 2017

Resources

My last two posts came from an idea I saw reprinted as part of the commentary in The Evidence Bible with commentary by Ray Comfort. The original list can be found at http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/the-ten-commandments-god.html. I am using the list to get the verses I use and I plan on writing something for all 32 topics on the list.

I look at the verses in context along with reading various study notes that I find with them. I like how Ray Comfort put the commentary and notes into The Evidence Bible since it is from many resources he used while evangelizing. The longest phrase out of any notes I took was what Matthew Henry used in talking of the Law's 'strictness, extent and spiritual nature' because those five words summed it up the best. I will do my best to properly document anything I take as full quotes from another person and not just minor parts. I do have to say Matthew Henry had a good way of explaining things and I can see why Ray Comfort used quite a few things from him in the commentary.

My intent is to share here what I am learning on these topics and hope each inspires to do your own digging further into the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment