Thursday, June 14, 2018

Understanding


Psalms 147:5 NLT
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!

Psalms 119:73 NLT
You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands.

We will only see in part what God knows while we are here on earth. He is our mighty creator and gave us a free will to choose how we will face a life full of trials and tribulations. We can do it God’s way or our own way. Considering God created the world and everything in it, including you and me, I rather keep trying it God’s way rather than my own. He knows how it is supposed to work. I did it on my own long enough to know I definitely did not handle things the way I should. I keep striving to gain God’s understanding because despite all the bad issues going on in life, having His perspective of it helps immensely.

Proverbs 19:8 NLT
To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.

This verse is not a self centered one for our own desires. If we truly love ourselves we’ll seek God’s wisdom first for our lives and then we will know how to prosper.

Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Life is not easier because of following God, but learning to understand and do things His way will lead to far better outcomes. It’s having the right perspective to understand and move on with God even in the worst of times.

We should feel the same as the writer of the following psalms, not to be egotistical, but know we are living the way God wants us to and He is making us into the full creation He expects.

Psalms 119:97-104 NLT
97 Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide.
99 Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees.
100 I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments.
101 I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word.
102 I haven't turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey.
104 Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life.

Having God’s understanding and seeing things from His perspective are freeing indeed. Once we understand how He meant the world to work and people are to be His children, we are liberated to be ourselves and find ways to do great things for Him. If you are still thinking of God’s rules as restrictive, you are not looking at them the right way. Ask God to help you gain understanding and He will definitely guide you through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment