Monday, February 22, 2016

Christ is Our Hope

So God has given us both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to his promise with confidence. Heb 6:18 NLT

Everything God has promised is the truth and we can thus have hope in those things he states will come to us. Unlike people we know, God is not going to change his mind or forget what he promised. Many times it is a matter of when, not if. We need to have faith in those promises and use that hope of what is to come to keep us going.

Many people say they can’t have faith in what God has said, but they believe the weather report, newspapers, and even trust people they don’t know, like the pilot of the last plane you flew in or that taxi driver who got you across town. Things made by even the best engineers can break and cause havoc. Every one of us has broken a promise, lied to get out of something, or simply not showed up on time if at all for something. That is because we can lie, but by nature God cannot. Lying is repulsive to God. So where is your hope?

Mine is in God. I’ve seen many things in this life that definitely made me think hope was lost, let alone a logical reason to be here. We don’t even learn science correctly in school because the idea of naturalism is shoveled in like law rather than the philosophy it really is. What hope is there for us if we are no better than animals, evolved from apes, and we can make up our own moral standards? It frustrated me to the point I had had enough. The cool thing is God is always there and he knows sometimes it takes us finding the end of ourselves before we will take his already offered hand.

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Rom 5:5 NKJV) I know God is with me and for me. He has blessed me in so many ways in the past 14 years of following him. It always makes me wonder why it took me so long to turn to him in the first place. I am pretty stubborn, so it really isn’t a surprise either. After trying so many other philosophies and religions before him, I definitely knew he was the answer when I bothered to look. Everything he told me so far has come true and life has a reason beyond it that I can hope confidently in.

Now that we are saved, we eagerly look forward to this freedom. For if you already have something, you don't need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently. (Rom 8:24-25 NLT)


Again, I ask, “Where is your hope?” I put mine in Christ and everything I’ve hoped for has come true. I know the rest of the promises will come true at the right time. I know I have many battles to fight in this life on earth, but they will be far easier knowing God promised us eternity and rest with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment