Sunday, December 1, 2013

It Has Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I have posted anything in this blog.  The only person I can blame is myself for not following through with the work the Lord gave me.

I actually went several months of not writing anything, not even the novel I was working on.  I can thank a friend for getting me back to the novel writing by convincing me to join NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month.  I did not get fifty thousand words, but I did get working on my novel again.  Then ideas for this blog started again.  Amazing how things flow when you are doing what the Lord wants you to do.

Per 1 Corinthians 3:9 (NIV), “We are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.”  We are to be working with god in all that He has given us to do.  For me that includes my writing.  I cannot stop like I did just because I was in a funk.  If I get stuck on one thing there are other things to write until God’s leading helps out.

Even if you do not know yet what you are supposed to be doing for God, God has told us how to work.  Colossians 3:23 (NIV) says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not man.”  Whether you are the cleaner or the chief executive, this is how God wants us to think about all we do.  I do not have a job, but I still should see cleaning the house and my writing as what I do for the Lord.

We are good at making excuses for not wanting to work at our best or at all.  I know I have complained about a job or the people I worked with.  That never inspired me to do better and it sure did not inspire anyone to want to work with me either.  Negativity just stops the good works.

God gives each of us a specific ob to do for His kingdom.  He has this set so that all can find their place and mature in Christ.  Ephesians 4:11-13 (NIV) says, “It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”  When we are not doing our part the whole is missing pieces and will not function properly.  Others who need us will be missing out.  We will even miss out on things the Lord has for us.  We are not to earn blessings by works, but if we are not where the Lord wants us and doing our part, we will surely miss His greater plan.

So are we slumping in our works, no matter what they are, or are we working to our fullest to honor the Lord in all we do?


No comments:

Post a Comment